Sunday Morning Service
On Sundays, we gather to worship God. We want our worship services to exalt Jesus and equip us to walk faithfully throughout the week. To do that, we are committed to the following:
● Prayer – God hears the prayers of his people. We must humbly and consistently ask for his help, strength, protection, and guidance.
● Scripture – God’s Word is truth and life. Everything we do must be rooted in Scripture.
● Creeds – We read ancient creeds and confessions to stand on the shoulders of saints who have gone before us. Doing so helps us remain clear and consistent in our understanding of the gospel.
● Musical Worship – The Bible tells us to address “one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart” (Eph. 5:19). We want to engage in worship music that honors God, reminds us of the gospel, gives language to our experiences.
● Expositional Preaching – We normally study through entire books of the Bible in order to understand “the whole counsel of God’s Word.” (Acts 20:27) The weekly sermon is discussed further in our Family Groups in an effort to better understand and apply God’s Word to everyday life.
● Casual Atmosphere – Our worship services have a purposefully relaxed atmosphere. We have free coffee in the lobby and free Bibles in the pews. Many are dressed casually, while others choose a more traditional attire. While remaining strongly tied to the Word, we strive to be a relatable people in an atmosphere comfortable for everyone.
Visit a Sunday School class
At FBC Greenwood, Sunday School is a great place for you to connect with the church body. Classes meet together to study God’s Word, pray, and fellowship. You can attend any class you like, but we are happy to help find one!
Sunday School at FBC begins at 9AM every Sunday morning.
Visit a Family Group
Family Groups at FBC are evening gatherings open to ALL people. Regardless of gender or life stage, you are invited!
Each week, we gather in homes around our community to eat dinner, fellowship, discuss the sermon from Sunday morning, and pray for one another. Our goal is to build a gospel-centered community that loves one another and lives on mission for Jesus.
We have groups on Sunday evenings at 5:30 PM and Tuesday evenings at 6:00 PM. The locations alternate, but the locations will be printed in the bulletin you receive on Sunday morning. You can also reach out to our church office to check the weekly location (662-453-3075). Dinner and childcare are provided every week! We’d love to have you.